Sunday, January 20, 2013

"That’s just my baby’s daddy" Uh no boo boo, that’s your children’s father! Pledge allegiance to your family.




Many of us twenty somethings, 80's babies remember the hood classic “That’s just my baby’s daddy” 
The term is now colloquial vernacular, its seems more accepted  than children’s father. When i say “my babies daddy” I have  a sense of guilt. As if he “aint shit ,aint about shit and aint gone be shit” (what movie reference is that? I know it’s one) I cannot lie, I have talked mess about him in the past. I am now aware that it’s a reflection of me. I was once so trifling to have the song playing for his ringtone. As a community, we have alienated the idea of a supportive father. Yes, we are composed of masculine and feminine energy, and for me to negate that which created my beautiful children and talk about him as if he just my baby daddy, that’s foul and trifling. When we were lying together the act was not trifling. Lol. So why now? Some mama’s can say he hasn’t done anything or he left us for the next chick. Ok well that’s another discussion of acceptance and accountability. Practice referring to him as my children's father and you will feel better about yourself and the situation. Speak about the situation with your child's father in a more peaceful way. Visualize what you want for the children. And "I guarantee" (in that old Louisianan chef voice who came on pbs) that the situation will change. Leave the hate, accept your portion and speak with love. We are all humans!!!


2 comments: